There are several reasons you may want to refurbish your kitchen. Whether it’s to give your home a new look, to acquire more space, or perhaps to improve your property’s overall value, refurbishing your kitchen is a great way to improve your home. The cost of your project is something that you need to consider before embarking on the project. it would be unrealistic to start the construction, only to realise you don’t have enough cash to cater for the completion.
How much does it cost to refurbish a kitchen
Your budget is usually a very crucial aspect when it comes to matters of construction. Once you establish a suitable design for your kitchen, it will be easier for you to create a more accurate budget estimate. You should also note that refurbishing your kitchen is more affordable than moving out or purchasing a new home. On average, a kitchen refurbishment will cost you from around £5,000 upward.
However, this isn’t a standard rate. You can pay up to £25,000 for a higher-end kitchen design. Many different factors will impact the cost of your kitchen refurbishment. These factors include:
- Your budget
- The chosen kitchen design
- The type of builder you’re working with
- The cost of kitchen fittings
- The duration of the project
- The cost of building materials
There are several ideas that you can implement for your kitchen refurbishment. Whether you want to acquire extra space, improve your property’s value, have some additional appliances installed, or perhaps replace your kitchen furniture, there are many options to consider. Your kitchen refurbishment can involve the following:
- Converting your kitchen to an open plan design
- Replacing the kitchen doors
- Installing new appliances
- Replacing the kitchen units and worktops
- Having a kitchen extension
Whatever you choose to do with your kitchen during a refurbishment will significantly impact the cost you’ll incur.
How much does a kitchen extension cost
A kitchen extension is a cost-effective way to improve your home and spruce it up. You also get to acquire extra space and give your kitchen a new look. On average, a kitchen extension will cost you anywhere from £5,000 upward, depending on the design you intend to have. You should carefully discuss with your builder for you to come up with a design that will suit your budget.
What other costs should you consider when refurbishing your kitchen
There are several costs involved when it comes to refurbishing your kitchen. These costs include the following:
- Labour cost. This will depend on the refurbishment company you decide to work with and the duration it will take for them to complete the job.
- Cost of building materials. The number of materials you’ll need for your project will be determined by the design that you opt for. Your builder should be able to give you an accurate estimate of the materials needed and how much they would cost.
- Cost of fittings and fixtures. If you need any new fittings or fixtures, then you have to incorporate that into your budget.
- Cost of hiring a builder. You should ensure that you hire a qualified builder who will give you a comprehensive quote of what their services entail. They should also help you come up with a reasonable budget for your project.
- The cost of kitchen appliances. What appliances do you intend to have in your newly refurbished kitchen? The cost will depend on the type of appliances you want for your kitchen.
What is the duration of a kitchen refurbishment
The duration of your kitchen renovation project will depend on the amount of work required and the complexity of your project. If it’s a simple project, then this might take anywhere around three weeks to be completed. The project will take a longer period if there’s a lot of work that needs to be done.
From the above, it’s evident that you don’t need a lot of money to have a successful refurbishment project. You can have your dream kitchen design without necessarily breaking the bank. A reliable builder will also come in handy to ensure that you achieve the design you want at an affordable cost.